Friday Finish: The 100 Day Project
My 100 days of English Paper Piecing with Carolyn Friedlander fabrics ended yesterday. I did not set a goal of making a complete flower block each day (though it would be nice to have 100 finished blocks by now), but rather to make progress each day and enjoy the process.
Since I am currently traveling I do not have a picture of all the blocks made during the 100 days. Above is a picture I took midway through the project of the blocks completed at the time. These are on my design wall at home. Below is a picture of the completed blocks that I have with me, along with extra parts.
Even though the 100 day project is over, I will continue making these EPP flower blocks using Carolyn Friedlander fabric. Someone asked how many more blocks I have to go. I do not know the answer to that, but I do know I still have plenty of CF fabric that hasn't been used yet in this project. If you are interested in seeing my posts related to this project on Instagram, search the hashtag #100daysofCFEPP.
I find the process of basting the hexies, stitching the parts together, and appliquéing the block onto background fabric cathartic. I have a feeling that even after I am done with this project of using all Carolyn Friedlander fabrics, I will find another project that utilizes these blocks!
This isn't the first project I have made with these EPP Happy Flower Blocks, and I anticipate it won't be my last. Thanks for stopping by. Happy stitching,