Now that my bee blocks are all current, there are several projects in the works that need attention. I'm thinking Lee's WiP Wednesday may help with accountability.
I brought my spiderweb bee blocks to work on at Gruber's. I assembled all the blocks made by my bee mates (I requested them unassembled so I could play around with layouts) and pieced them into giant blocks.
|not the prettiest design wall but love my blocks|
While at retreat, I also decided on a layout for the quilt and determined the total amount of blocks needed (quite a few more actually but not as many as pictured below!). I cut and marked the necessary background blocks, prepped fabric strips and even managed to sew a few blocks.
Now that I am home, I put all the blocks back up on my design wall, prepped more strips and am excited to get moving again on this quilt!
|layout designed with Touch Draw app|
|Michael Miller challenge needs quilting|
My Michael Miller fabric challenge quilt top was started during a workshop with Jacquie Gering in June and finished at Gruber's. It just needs to be basted and quilted. I have already picked out the backing, thread color and quilt design. This quilt is destined for a baby quilt charity drive.
Our guild is encouraging members to finish those old WiPs, so I need to get busy. There are a lot more where these came from ;-)
Linking up with Freshly Pieced.
Thanks for stopping by and happy stitching,