I enjoyed some quality sewing time today on this rainy first day of spring Wednesday.
|36 patch blocks|
Four more 36-patch blocks are pieced for my Cowboy/Cowgirl quilt.
|Shoo Fly block|
April's OrlandoMQG block of the month is done. I have made many a shoo fly block, so don't know why I had to pull out my seam ripper not once but twice while piecing this simple block. We followed this tutorial for making the 12.5" blocks. For my block I used scraps of Architextures fabric.
I finished the quilt top for a gift several months ago but wasn't happy with one particular section so it was put aside. Today, I pulled the quilt top out and unstitched then restitched the offensive area.
The quilt top and quilt back are now ready for basting. I am showing just a tiny peek in case the recipient pops over for a look ;-)
So far I have maintained the organization of my fabric stash as I have pulled, sewed and acquired new fabric. My family is quite in shock that The Lab is still clean!
These three yards of fabric arrived today, and I immediately wrapped them neatly around my comic book boards.
Hope you enjoyed your first day of spring. Thanks for stopping by,