Well, it's not your typical finish, but for me it's a major accomplishment.
My fabric is now neatly folded and sorted and stored by color/category. Whoo hoo!!!! I guess you could say this project has been a WIP for a very long time ;-)
|Isn't it pretty?!|
I was about 95% finished with this huge task when my middlest came home from college for his spring break, so I took a break too. I took advantage of him being out of the house for a dentist appointment today to complete the remaining 5%.
|Home Decor fabrics and stripes|
I have to tell you this finish feels so good!!! Having all my fabric neatly arranged so I can actually see what I have is huge. This process also made me realize (well, confirmed actually) that I have
way too much a lot of fabric.
If you read my previous posts and/or followed my pictures on Instagram, you know that I used Jennifer's tutorial for wrapping my fabric around comic book boards. I may or may not have made more than one trip to my local comic book store for the required amount of boards.
|Some of my solids|
Want a little tour of my shelves? I'd love to show you around my fabric ;-)
The above picture shows the two shelves that hold my solids. The top shelf has a bin for solid scraps and mini bolts of shot cottons and linens. The other shelf holds the remainder of my solids. If you compare the pictures above and below you can see that I have two rows of solids stored in one shelf.
|Baby fabric, low volume and solids|
I left my batik fabrics alone because they already look pretty folded as they are. I have a shelf of fabrics dedicated for baby quilts and another for low volume fabrics and some special fabrics that I don't want to get lost in the crowd. There is also a shelf for quilt books and a picture of my lovely sister.
|Kaffe, browns and blacks|
I have collected quite a few Kaffe prints for an eventual Dear Jane quilt so those have their own shelf. Below that is a shelf for browns and blacks.
This shelf holds some of my latest precuts and some hand dyed fabric.
I also have a shelf for my ipod stereo and binding strips.
|Oranges, precuts and scraps|
Here are my orange fabrics, a basket for scraps, shelf fore more precuts and a shelf for scraps of neutrals hidden behind a basket of paper hexies and a jar of binding strips.
|Books and color|
You'll notice that I don't have many yellows or purples so they share a shelf. Behind the Pillow Pop book are containers of scraps by color. The glass jars you see here and there are for smaller scraps by color.
I am surprised that all my blues fit on one shelf though there are two rows of mini bolts on that shelf. You'll see again more plastic containers holding scraps by color. I'd like to pretty those up at some point, but for now it works. There are a few colors of minky that I didn't bother wrapping but instead folded and put next to the scrap bins.
|backing fabric and more scrap baskets|
The bottom left shelf holds backing fabric that I have acquired on sale. The shelf to the right of that has another basket of scraps. This one holds strips. There is also room for a couple of quilt books there and extra comic book boards. After prettying up my scrap organization I want to tackle my quilt books.
Well, thanks for stopping by and letting me share a small part of my studio with you. Linking up with Amanda's finish it Friday.
Hope you find some time to sew this weekend. It's Worldwide Quilting Day on Saturday!!!!