Monday, June 14, 2010

Clean Slate

If you've been here lately, you will know that I've been having binding issues.  I've tried different methods of machine binding, and I have decided to go back to hand sewing my binding onto the back.

I took the binding off this color wheel mini in order to give it a binding a little more worthy of the embroidery ...  a clean slate so to speak ;-)
{If you click on the link, you will see that I really didn't show a good picture of the binding because it was so bad!}

This looks so much better!!!!  I ironed, turned and "clipped" the binding to the back.  It is ready to be hand sewn.  I plan to do that on the plane to Minneapolis Thursday.  
I have a whole stack of quilts waiting for improved binding ;-)

This is another "clean slate"... the background for an applique project for my laundry room.  When I first started blogging, I saw this little quilt and fell in love with it!  Isn't it adorable?!  Jacquie makes the most incredible quilts, and I love her "on the line" series.  I hope she doesn't mind that I am making my own version.

I started by measuring the wall in my laundry room.  Of course when I went to draw out my design, the only paper I could find was tracing paper (still surrounded by boxes in my house).  I'd like the clothing hanging on the line to represent each  member of my family...including Max the dog.  I finally have use for his bandanas I've been saving ;-)  

I've actually made some fun progress on this quilt, but I will save the pictures for another day.

Speaking of Jacquie, I am proud to hang her neighborhood quilt in my new studio...another piece in my art collection!

Have an amazing day!!!

1 comment:

  1. hi there! I like the laundry room quilt idea - may have to borrow that too!