The third coin quilt top is completed. Hurray!!!
This is what it looked like before adding the top and bottom borders. Do you remember the problem I had with my strips not being long enough?
Can you tell how I worked around it? In addition to reducing the length of the coin strips and eliminating one row of coins....
...I added these little strips in the corners. I had planned on adding an additional border to make the quilt bigger, but decided it is big enough. To be honest, I was just ready to be done with it.
Another Moments picture to show the pieced backing...note the mess visible when no zoom used. I used a blue fabric in my stash along with four fat quarters of Picnic Parade.
The binding fabric originally was to be some Picnic Parade dots, but then I discovered this roll of leftover binding strips from the Horizons batik quilt....already cut, sewn and pressed!!!
I am behind in my blog reading...hope to check out all the Sew and Tell Friday posts along with other favorite blogs. Have an amazing day!!!!